Your personal brand is critical — now more than ever. People are just one click away from either contacting you or moving on. And much of that depends on how you appear on LinkedIn.
Dean DeLisle, founder and CEO of Forward Progress and creator of Social Jack, has created an easy to follow recipe for LinkedIn success. He’ll share it at the June Craft Marketing when he presents, “How to Rock Your LinkedIn Personal Brand: Building Your Influence.”
We talked with Dean about his upcoming presentation which will be June 25, 2018 as part of our Craft Marketing series at Vintage Brewing. (Sign up here!
1. Tell us a little about yourself, and why you’re going to be talking about LinkedIn.
I originally started off in hospitality, learning at an early age that the most important thing in business was relationships. As I also learned technology, I understood that there were many ways to track and connect to people as technology advanced.
The advantage with the advancement of the Internet and then the arrival of social media made it a natural fit for me to be all in on this new technology. Of all the social networks, LinkedIn is the one that has the most credibility, the most reliable data, and the most complete information about most professionals.
2. Why is digital business influence so important — and this is for just the sales person or for the marketing team or both?
When social networks first came out, my first business was reputation management as it related to social networks and content. I saw early on that the digital footprint that we were all building was creating a reputation from the moment that information got on the Internet to the rest of our career.
I began developing college courses and then business courses to help professionals understand how to advance their career with the use of social networks, ideal targeted connections and the use of content.
Digital business influence is for anyone that wants to advance their career, grow their business, be seen as a thought leader, gain speaking appointments, and increase sales.
3. You’re going to be talking about five new LinkedIn setting that affect visibility. Can you whet our appetite and tell us one, and why it helps you get visible?
Change your profile visibility settings to all public — otherwise, the world won’t be able to find you inside or outside LinkedIn.
4. People don’t realize that people use LinkedIn to search for people and resources. Without getting into too much detail, what are some things you’ll be talking about to help in this area?
- How to be the center of influence in your network
- How to build the ideal network continuously
- How to leverage that network to generate new business an adventure career
We will also cover some power moves that will help people convert engagement to new appointments and referrals.
Click here to sign up for AMA Madison’s June Craft Marketing event!
Greg Mischio is the Owner and Strategic Director of Winbound. Winbound is a content marketing firm that provides an all-in-one content marketing and conversion optimization package specifically designed for small marketing departments. Read his post on how to start content marketing. Twitter: @gregmischio