The virtual session begins at 4 p.m. with networking. Thanks to Winbound, our sponsor.
Check out Kyle’s preview of what attendees will experience at the upcoming Craft Marketing presentation.
AMA: Tell us a little about yourself and what Akerman Analytics does.
I am an engineer by background and spent many years designing mobile phone hardware (Hello Moto!).
I reinvented myself in 2010 with a career switch into marketing. I am a “T” shaped digital marketer with deep expertise in web analytics.
I just started my 6th year as a solopreneur helping small marketing teams find insights in their Google Analytics data.
AMA: Can you give us a sneak preview of how marketers can get more out of Google Analytics in less time.
Google Analytics is REALLY complex. There are 100s of reports to choose from. But you don’t need most of them.
The keys to simplifying GA and finding insights in less time are:
- Identifying the specific questions you want to answer
- Learning how data is organized in Google Analytics
- Finding the handful of reports that contain the data you are interested in
- Focusing on the audience segments that matter most to your business
AMA: What kinds of business questions can be answered by using Google Analytics?
At a high level, Google Analytics helps you answer these questions:
- How do visitors arrive at your website?
- What do visitors do on your website? (What content do they view, and how do they move around your site?)
- What actions do they complete on your website? (Sign up for a demo, schedule an appointment, etc.)
To get the best insights from the data, each business would use GA to answer more detailed questions like:
- Is our Organic Traffic increasing Year-Over-Year?
- What are our most popular blog posts?
- How many people visit our Service pages each month?
- Which traffic sources drive the most email newsletter sign-ups?
AMA: What is the big takeaway people can expect if they attend the event?
All marketers (including right-brain thinkers) can learn how to use Google Analytics to do better marketing.
AMA Madison’s ‘Craft Marketing‘ Series
Craft Marketing features a local virtual presenter each month. You’ll have the chance to learn about a wide range of marketing topics while networking with other industry professionals and enjoying the drink of your choice from your virtual location.