AMA-Madison Event Policy
Cancellations by AMA-Madison Chapter
- The Madison Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA-Madison) reserves the right to modify or cancel any event or meeting due to unforeseen circumstances. Such modifications or cancellations will be determined by the Board President and, if occurs without an event/meeting rescheduling, registrants will receive a full refund. AMA-Madison reserves the right to reschedule any cancelled meeting/event within a reasonable time frame. If a registered attendee has a rescheduled date conflict, they must register their refund request to the Event Coordination Committee within three (3) business days of the reschedule notice for Board consideration.
- AMA-Madison reserves the right to refuse/cancel any registrant to any meeting or event. Examples of registration refusal include but are not limited to: outstanding meeting/event bill, or inappropriate behavior at event. If AMA-Madison refuses an event registration, registrants will be offered a full refund less outstanding bills.
Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a full refund for meeting/event registration is three (3) business days before the event.
- Cancellations received within two (2) business days before the event will be eligible for a 50% refund for administration and plate fees.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who cancel within one (1) business day, or less than 24 hours, of the meeting/event or who choose not to attend an event. No-shows the day of the meeting/event who have not pre-paid will be billed the full registration fee.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone, or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. firstname.lastname@example.org
- All refund requests must be made by the registered attendee or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or pre-payment transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- If you wish the AMA-Madison Event Coordination Committee to present an exceptional circumstance to the Board for consideration, such requests must be made in writing, with supporting documentation, within seven (7) business days, to: email@example.com.
- All events are costly to put on, even those which are ‘no-charge’ to some or all attendees. Should a registrant find themselves unable to attend a ‘no-charge’ event please let us know as soon as possible via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation by Sponsor
- The Madison Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA-Madison) reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment, or unforeseen circumstances which would make the event non-viable.If AMA-Madison cancels an event, sponsors will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, sponsors will have the option to transfer sponsorship rights to the same event at the new, future date.
- The AMA-Madison makes every effort to ensure each and every registrant’s registration, payment and cancellations are documented and processed in a thorough and efficient manner. Disputes must be submitted in writing with supporting documentation to the Event Coordination Committee for presentation to the AMA-Madison Board within 90 days of the occurrence.
- The above policies apply to all AMA-Madison meetings/events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding meeting/event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly. This policy is subject to change without notice. Registration of an event is considered acknowledgement of having read, understood and accepted the above policy.